Videos on Counter-Cartographies
With This Is Not an Atlas we want to foster the encounter of counter-mappers from diverse contexts around the globe, not only on the pages of our book but also online and on the ground. This collection of videos on counter-cartographies captures this encounters. It consists of a documentary, a tutorial, events and presentations, all related to counter-mapping. You can also check our vimeo-channel!
This short documentary on counter-cartographies was shot during the release event of This Is Not an Atlas in Berlin and features Denis Wood, Philippe Rekazewic, Bureau d’etudes, Nermin ElSherif and the Anti-Eviction-Mapping-Project. There is also a version with spanish subtitles, and hopefully with more languages to come soon.
Our whiteboard-tutorial ‘On our and other maps‘ – drawing by Jonathan Wright, voice by Tina Reden – is a quick and easy introduction to critical cartography and collective mapping. The video may be a useful tool for collective mapping in your neighborhood, youth club, social movement, school or university…
- Spanish version – ‘Sobre unos y otros mapas’ has been created by TuTela Network in collaboration with Dresda Emma Méndez de la Brena.
- Italian version – ‘Mappe nostre e altrui’, traduzione di Michela Carbone, voce e montaggio di Francesca Cogni
- German version – ‘Von eigenen und anderen Karten’, voice by Tonio Schneider.
- Turkish version – ‘Bizim haritamız ve başka haritalar üzerine’ – soon to be published – is being created in collaboration with İrem Yilmaz, Mert Kaya and Aslı Odman.
- Other Languages – If you want to use the tutorial in an other language, feel free to translate and lip-dubb the video! Let us know, if we can help…
This Is Not an Atlas is also an ongoing series of events and workshops on counter-cartographies. Here you can get a glimpse into those encounters of counter-mappers.
In this series of events counter-mappers present themselves and their work. Have a look into their world!